If you are looking to change the Handheld Contact Password on the account, please follow these directions:
- Visit the Reset Password page.
- Submit the username used to create the Handheld Contact account. The username is an e-mail address.
- An e-mail will be sent to the submitted e-mail address if it is associated with a Handheld Contact account. Check for this e-mail and access the provided link to reset the password.
- Click on the link to access the password reset form. This link is unique, and for security purposes, expires in 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, you will have to start over from Step 1 to have a new password reset link e-mailed.
- Once you've successfully completed the password reset form, submit it and you're done.
Changing the Handheld Contact password will cause the application to stop syncing unless the new password is applied to both the Handheld Contact PC/server application AND the Handheld Contact app on the device. See the steps below for directions:
- Open Handheld Contact on the PC/server.
- On the left under the ‘HHC User Account Info’ section, click on the ‘HHC User’ link. This will be the email address. (See bubble #6 from this article)
- In the window that appears update the username/password to the correct information and press ‘Test Login’.
- Once successful, press ‘OK’ to Save.
- Click on Maintenance at the top of the window and choose ‘Synchronize Users’, select your account and press ‘Sync Now’.
- Open Handheld Contact on the handheld device. On the Android/BlackBerry 10 device, open the HHC menu and choose ‘Settings’. Scroll down and tap on 'Sign Out of Handheld Contact'. This will close the app. When you re-open it, login with the new username. On the iPhone/iPad device, open the HHC app and tap on ‘Settings’. Choose ‘Account’ and update the user account info. When done, press ‘Test Account’ to confirm. Tap on the ‘Save’ button in the upper right corner to save.
- Manually sync Handheld Contact on the device.
Note: If you have used an invalid or not in use email address and cannot reset the password, please contact Support to get further assistance in having this reset.