As of Novermber 6, 2014, Handheld Contact supports up to 15,000 Act! Contacts. New users have automatic access to this feature with the installation of our latest software, however, existing users setup with Handheld Contact prior to this date may have to take some action to update their Handheld Contact environment.
Guidelines for existing Handheld Contact customers:
- On your Act! server, computer, or laptop
- For Act! v19, v18, v17, v16, or 2013 environments the minimum requirement is Handheld Contact computer app version 188.8.131.52.
- For Act! 2012, 2011, or 2010 environments the minimum requirement is Handheld Contact computer app version 184.108.40.206. Handheld Contact should automatically ask you to update.
- For organizations with Act! 2010 or older, the 15,000 contact limit is unfortunately not supported.
- Users with an Android smartphone or tablet
Update to Handheld Contact for Android 2.0 when it is available in Google Play. After updating the Handheld Contact computer app perform "Resend all data" to accounts wishing to update to 15,000 contact limit.
- Users with an Apple iPhone or iPad
After updating the Handheld Contact computer app perform "Resend all data" to accounts wishing to update to 15,000 contact limit.
- Users with a BlackBerry device
In coming weeks an updated mobile app will be released optimized to support more contacts. We recommend waiting for this release to ensure stability on the mobile device. However, the current does support the increased contact limit and it can be taken advantage of by updating the Handheld Contact computer app and performing "Resend all data" to accounts wishing to use this new feature.
Don't know how to resend data in Handheld Contact? Follow these steps:
- Open the Handheld Contact computer app.
- Click "Maintenance" in the top menu.
- Click "Resend All Data to Handheld"
- Select the appropriate Handheld Contact account.
- Press "Send all".