If you are looking to 'start over' or remove Handheld Contact from the PC/server, these steps can help in doing so.
- Go to the same computer/server where the ACT! database resides.
- Click the ‘Start’ menu button, then select ‘Control Panel’, then select ‘Programs’, then select ‘Programs and Features’.
- Select Handheld Contact, and then click ‘Uninstall’.
- Once you’ve uninstalled, open http://www.handheldcontact.com/downloads.php and click on the link that matches your ACT! version.
- Download the file "HHC-4_x_x_x.exe (or HHC-3_x_x_x.exe)" and save it to the Desktop.
- Find the HHC-4_x_x_x.exe (or HHC-3_x_x_x.exe) file and run it.
- Do not change any of the defaults and install to the specified location.
- Once the install has completed, Handheld Contact should automatically open. If it does not and you run into error messages, please CONTACT SUPPORT.
- Enter in your ACT! username and password (if necessary) when prompted for the ACT! administrator information. Also, you will want to choose the correct database that the software will need to point to. You will also need to enter your Handheld Contact username and password.
- Continue through the wizard to pick and choose which options you would like to sync from ACT! to the device. Click Finish when done.
- When the setup is complete, click Maintenance-->Synchronize Users, select the checkbox beside All Users accounts and then hit Sync Now.
Note: If you do not know the ACT! Administrator username/password, please see this LINK.