This article will outline the requirements needed to get 'Secondary Contacts' aspect from Act! to sync with Handheld Contact.|
NOTE: Only Act! v15 (2013) or higher is supported. Also, this feature is only available on Android devices at this time. iOS development is in progress and will be available soon.
The following steps will be needed to enable 'Secondary Contacts':
- Upgrade Handheld Contact on the PC/server as well as the device to our latest updates. Click here for listing of software versions and directions to upgrade.
- After upgrade, open Handheld Contact on the PC/server.
- Along the left side of screen, click on 'Act! User' link within the "HHC User Account Info" options. (See bubble #7 here).
- In the window that appears, there will be a check box for 'Sync secondary contacts'. This is disabled by default.
- Enable this check box.
- Press OK to save changes.
- Synchronize Handheld Contact by going to 'Maintenance' at the top of the screen and press 'Synchronize Users'.
- Select the account(s) and press 'Sync Now' button.
- Once the synchronization is completed on the PC/server side, proceed to the device to complete the sync cycle.