Resetting your Handheld Contact account password causes computer application to display “addUserInfoSyncDisplay Table: Column 'ID' is constrained to be unique. Value 'ACCOUNT NAME' is already present”
Posted by Craig S, Last modified by Craig S on 25 May 2017 03:53 PM
To resolve this issue:|
Access the PC, server, or laptop where the Handheld Contact computer application is installed.
An alternate resolution can also be used. This will take more time and manual changes by a Handheld Contact support representative will be required:
- Open the Handheld Contact computer application.
- Click on Tools, choose Manage, and select Databases.
- In the window that opens, there will likely be two duplicated databases.
- Select the second database and click on 'Remove' button along the right.
- Press OK to save changes.
- Ensure that the HHC User login is correct. Along the left under the 'HHC User Account Info' settings, click on the link for the 'HHC User'.
- Update the username/password and press 'Test Login'. When successful, press OK to save.
- Synchronize Handheld Contact by pressing the 'Sync Now' button.
- Access the PC, server, or laptop where the Handheld Contact computer application is installed.
- Browse to the following directory: C:\Program Files\J2X Technologies\HHC Enterprise Edition. Note: If using Handheld Contact v4.1.x.x, the install location has changed to: C:\Program Files\Keystroke\HHC Enterprise Edition.
- Find ‘settings.hhc’
- Send an e-mail to the Handheld Contact Support Team and attach your 'settings.hhc' file.
- A Handheld Contact Representative will repair this file and reply to your e-mail with the repaired version.
- Save this new, repaired file to "C:\Program Files\J2X Technologies\HHC Enterprise Edition". This step will replace the old version of the file with the repaired one.