Update your Handheld Contact Account:
- Go to: www.handheldcontact.com.
- In the upper right hand corner, click 'Account Login'. Enter the Handheld Contact username and password. Press Login.
- On the left click on ‘Edit Account’.
- Change the device from BlackBerry to Android.
- Click on the ‘Update account information’ button.
Update HHC on the PC, resend data, and then get new device set up:
- On the PC/server where Handheld Contact already exists, you will need to perform these steps.
- Open Handheld Contact on the PC/server.
- Select the account and press the Sync Now button on the left hand side. Wait for the sync to complete and then close Handheld Contact.
- Re-open the application and on the left above the Sync Now button you will see that it now reads you are syncing with “Android Standalone…”.
- Then click on Maintenance and choose Resend All Data to Handheld. Select your account and press Send All.
- Choose Yes to the warning that appears.
Install HHC onto Android:
- From the Android device's native internet browser visit: http://www.handheldcontact.com/ota.
- If entered correctly, this will take you to the Google Play application. It will take you directly to the Handheld Contact download screen.
- Click on "Install" and download the application.
- Once the Download is complete, you can press the "Open" button or launch Handheld Contact from Application list.
- Enter you Handheld Contact account username (e-mail address) and password.
- Press "Sign in".
- If you have already set up and resent all data from the HHC Computer Application, then choose "Sync now".
- Once the sync is finished, you should be all set to go.
Finally, you will also need to ensure that the BlackBerry version has been removed from the old phone. If the phone is no longer active, have internet access or working in general then this may not be required. You can follow these STEPS to remove the app.
Note: The tags for "Syncing With Android Standalone..." will only be available on Handheld Contact version 220.127.116.11 (or higher) on the PC/server. Any other version would show it is syncing with BlackBerry. This will not affect the syncing ability on the device.