The following instructions would be needed if you are adding another Act! user to Handheld Contact for syncing OR you were trying to get multiple devices configured (Eg. iPhone/iPad, BlackBerry/BlackBerry PlayBook, or Android phone and tablet) with the same ACT! user.
Please follow these steps in order:
- Ensure that you have the account created already. If not, go to: http://www.handheldcontact.com/createaccount.php?ut=t to create an account. NOTE: You cannot create a new account when you are already signed into the website under a different user. Please log out first.
- Open Handheld Contact. It will be on the same computer/server where the Act! database resides.
- In the upper left hand corner, click on the ‘Add User’ button.
- Use the same Act! Administrator username and password if the same database is to be used. For a different database, click on Browse and find the database that you want to sync with. Press Next.
- Select the Act! user which will be syncing with Handheld Contact. Enter their password for Act! (if they have one). Press Next.
- Enter the Handheld Contact username and password for the new user (from Step 1 above). Press Next.
- Complete the rest of the set up by choosing what options to sync from Act! to device (Contacts/Activities/Notes/History/Custom Act! fields). The wizard will step you through this.
- When finished, press the Sync Now button on the left to begin the syncing for the new user.
- Install Handheld Contact to the device. Please see this link for more details.
For a visual guide on getting a new user/device set up, please see this LINK and follow the directions for 'adding a new user' OR 'adding a secondary device' as needed.
Note: If you are setting up a second account for the same Act! user and you already have a Handheld Contact username, you must create a new account. You cannot use the same email address as the existing one. For example, if 'iPhone@hhc.com' is your active account, you must have a separate username for the next device. Such as 'iPad@hhc.com'. For every additional user/device that is added another subscription is required for purchase. You cannot use the same subscription for multiple users/devices.