Many customers experienced issues with Handheld Contact version 7.2 and higher. To resolve these issues, Handheld Contact Legacy was made available. This article is for customers who installed Handheld Contact Legacy (version 1.0) and wish to move back to our production Handheld Contact (version 7.3) software. This new upgrade will contain bug fixes as well as added features.|
Steps to complete in order to transition back to Handheld Contact from Handheld Contact Legacy:
Note: These steps will delete all data from the Handheld Contact Legacy app on the device and replace it with the info coming from ACT!. Therefore, if there is any data that is on the device and is not in Act! we suggest adding it to the database manually prior to completing these steps.
- Go to the iPhone/iPad. From the Apple home screen push and hold on the Handheld Contact Legacy icon. Once it starts to vibrate, click on the black 'X' and delete Handheld Contact Legacy.
- Open Handheld Contact on the computer/server.
- Click on Maintenance and choose 'Resend All Data to Handheld'.
- Select the accounts that apply and press 'Send All' button.
- Press Yes, on the warning that appears.
- Once the PC starts syncing, go to the Apple App Store on the iPhone/iPad. Search for ‘Handheld Contact’ and download Handheld Contact version 7.3.
- Run the Handheld Contact application. Enter the 'HHC Account' (email address) and password. Press Login.
- Wait for the PC to finish syncing from Step 4 above and then tap on 'Sync Status' and choose 'Sync Now'. Syncing will proceed on the iPhone/iPad. Note: If you try to sync the device before the completion of syncing from the PC/server in Steps 2-4, you will receive an error message. You will need to wait until the PC is completed then you can proceed to sync on the device.