This article is used when the Handheld Contact configuration has login problems and needs to be re-created.|
The Handheld Contact 'settings' file controls the full configuration of what syncs from ACT! to the device. This file points to the specific ACT! database (PAD file) name and location, ACT! User, etc. If either of these change, the settings.hhc file needs to be recreated. These steps will guide you through what is needed:
- On the PC/server, ensure that Handheld Contact is closed.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Keystroke\HHC Enterprise Edition. It may also be in the “Program Files(x86)” folder if you have a 64-bit operating system. Note: if using Handheld Contact v3.x.x.x or lower; the install location is found in: C:\Program Files\J2X Technologies\HHC Enterprise Edition.
- Look for a file called ‘settings.hhc’. This is the problematic file.
- Right click on it and choose Cut. Move to another folder (Desktop is easiest) and right click and choose Paste.
- Once this file is removed from the directory, launch Handheld Contact again.
- You will be taken to the initial Handheld Contact configuration wizard. See step 8 here for further step by step directions.
- After synchronization is successful on the PC/server, the file from Step 3 above can be removed.