How to enable TLS 1.2 security protocol to work with Handheld Contact
Posted by Craig S, Last modified by Craig S on 15 May 2018 06:28 PM
This article will be used for allowing Handheld Contact to work with the TLS 1.2 protocol. There will be some high level steps required including possible registry changes. It is recommended that an IT professional completes these directions.|
Here are directions that are needed to enable:
- Upgrade Handheld Contact to the latest version (v18.104.22.168 or higher). Click here to see list of latest version and steps to upgrade.
- If Handheld Contact is open on screen, close the software by pressing 'Exit' button or 'X' in upper right corner.
- Ensure that .NET Framework v4.5 (or higher) is installed to the PC/server. Click here to get the upgrade from Microsoft directly.
- Once the above two components are installed successfully, see this link for directions on enabling TLS 1.2 protocols.
- Launch Handheld Contact, click on Maintenance, choose 'Synchronize Users', select at least 1 user and press 'Sync Now'.
If you continue to experience problems, please contact support with specific details and any error messages that may appear.