I will be upgrading Act! to v21, what is needed for Handheld Contact?
Posted by Craig S, Last modified by Craig S on 13 December 2021 05:10 PM
If you plan on upgrading your Act! database software to v21, you will need to complete the following steps (the same directions apply for users who have already upgraded Act!):
- Ensure that Act! is upgraded to v21 and working properly before proceeding.
- Close Handheld Contact on the PC/server.
- Go to: www.handheldcontact.com/downloads.php.
- Select the latest version of Handheld Contact for the matching version of Act!.
- Choose Save to keep a copy of the download file, or choose Run to begin the install.
- Install overtop of the existing Handheld Contact software. If prompted to upgrade, choose 'Yes'.
- Complete the install process using the default options.
- Once completed, press Finish and Handheld Contact should open automatically. If not, just launch Handheld Contact from the Desktop icon.
If any error messages appear during the first launch/synchronization after the upgrade, please report the exact error message to Handheld Contact Support.