Pressing the Home button on your Apple iOS mobile device—such as iPhone or iPad—does not stop an application from running in the background. This article explains how to close an iOS application, such as Handheld Contact, so that it is not running in the background. Using this approach may be handy to conserve the device's battery or perform an application restart.
Apple iOS 7/8
- Double-tap the Home button to reveal multitasking view.
- Locate Handheld Contact card in the view of apps running in the background. You may have to swipe left or right.
- Swipe up on the Handheld Contact card to force exit.
Apple iOS 4–6
- Press the Home button once to ensure you are on the device's main screen.
- Press the Home button two times quickly to access the multi-task bar.
- Locate Handheld Contact in the popup panel that appears showing you apps running in the background. You may have to swipe left/right.
- Press and hold the Handheld Contact icon until a red circle containing a minus sign appears over all icons in the row.
- Tap the red circle over the Handheld Contact icon to close Handheld Contact.
- Press the Home button to return to the main screen.