In order to get Handheld Contact upgraded on the PC/server, here are the steps needed:
- If you are unable to access Handheld Contact on the PC or server, you can go directly to http://www.handheldcontact.com/downloads.php to obtain the installer from our website.
- Open Handheld Contact on your computer or server.
- Once you are in Handheld Contact click on Help-->Check for Updates, a pop-up should be displayed on the bottom right of the screen, "Download available click here to download" click on it. If the pop-up does not appear, see Step 1 above to obtain upgrade install file.
- You will be taken to the Handheld Contact Downloads page from our website (See Step 1).
- On the downloads page click on the ACT! version that matches your installed database. If you do not know this, open ACT! first and click on 'Help' and choose 'About ACT!'.
- Download file "HHC-3_x_x_x.exe" (for Act! 12.0/2010 to Act! 14.0/2012) or "HHC-4_x_x_x.exe" (for Act! 15.0/2013 and higher) and save it to the desktop.
- Once the file has been downloaded close the Handheld Contact application on the Desktop/Server (if it is still open). It cannot be running while the upgrade is started.
- Find the HHC-3_x_x_x.exe (or HHC-4_x_x_x.exe) file and run it. When prompted, choose yes to update 3.x.x.x (or 4.x.x.x) to this version.
- Once the install has completed, click Finish and Handheld Contact should open automatically.
- Then click Maintenance-->Synchronize Users, select the checkbox beside all users accounts and then hit Sync Now.
Note: If you run into any error messages or problems during the above steps, please CONTACT SUPPORT.