If you are a Handheld Contact administrator or reseller who owns subscriptions for other Handheld Contact end users, this article will explain the requirements for applying and creating new Handheld Contact user accounts.
Once you have chosen a Handheld Contact Username (eg. email@example.com) to be the Handheld Contact Administrator; all purchases and subscription management will be completed under this account.
- Visit the Handheld Contact purchase page: http://handheldcontact.com/purchase
- In the "How many mobile devices?" drop down select how many mobile devices you plan to install Handheld Contact on. (A Handheld Contact subscription is valid for one device.)
- In the "Add Orange Care?" drop down select if you want to add Orange Care. Click 'Learn more' for additional information about Orange Care.
- Click "Add to cart".
- When you are ready to pay for your order, click 'Review & Checkout' to continue.
- If you are not already signed into HandheldContact.com, you will be asked to sign in to complete the purchase. Use the given Handheld Contact administrator account (Eg. firstname.lastname@example.org as the example above).
- On the 'Order Review' page, review your full order. Click on 'Edit Cart' to make changes. Otherwise click 'Checkout Now' to complete payment.
- Complete all sections possible for entering data and credit card information.
- Click the "Process Transaction" button to process payment.
- If your credit card has extra security for online purchases, you may be directed to the issuer site where you need to enter a password. This password is for the credit card and not issued from Handheld Contact. (Eg. MasterCard is called 'SecureCode' and Visa is called 'Verified by Visa').
- After the payment is successfully processed you will see a summary. Click the "Continue" button to manage the subscriptions you purchased.
- The new subscription(s) will be displayed. See below for assigning these subscriptions to Handheld Contact users.
- During the payment process you will temporarily be directed to https://www3.moneris.com to securely complete your order.
- Handheld Contact is a solution by Keystroke Quality Computing. The KQC branding will appear on the hosted payment page and on your credit card statement.
Assigning Subscriptions to End Users
- You will begin from the 'Manage Subscriptions' page after logged into HandheldContact.com as the Handheld Contact administrator account (Eg. email@example.com as the example above).
- This page will have a green section called 'Subscriptions available for use'. This is where the purchased subscription(s) will appear. Two links will be listed. They are ‘Assign to user’ and ‘Use with your account’.
- Click ‘Assign to user’.
- A page will come up asking you to type in an email address. Type in the email address you want for the new user. This will be their Handheld Contact Username.
- If this Handheld Contact Username does not already exist, you will be directed to a new page where you will fill out all the user information (Name, Company, Device, Password, etc) to create the account. If the Handheld Contact Username exists, you will jump to Step 8 below.
- Click ‘Next Step’.
- You will be directed to a page that asks if you wish to assign the key to the new user, click ‘Next Step’.
- Click ‘Done’.
- You will be directed back to the ‘Manage Subscriptions’ page and will see that the subscription has been assigned to the new user. This will be found under the blue 'Subscriptions you own currently in use' section.
- If you are applying a subscription to the Handheld Contact Administrator account (Eg. firstname.lastname@example.org), you will use the 'Use with your account' link rather than 'Assign to user' option.
End User Software Setup
Once you have completed the above steps for purchasing and applying the subscriptions, you will need to add them to the Handheld Contact application. Please use the link below for the step-by-step directions: