Users with a BlackBerry 10 mobile device can use Contact Importer to export contacts from Handheld Contact to the device's built-in Contacts app and enjoy call display for Act! contacts.
- BlackBerry 10 mobile device
- Handheld Contact Version 18.104.22.168 or higher running on the BlackBerry 10 mobile device. To verify, visit http://www.handheldcontact.com/appworld using the default Internet browser on the BlackBerry 10 device.
- On the BlackBerry 10 mobile device, open the default Internet browser and visit: http://www.handheldcontact.com/contactimporter
- Install Contact Importer.
How to use Contact Importer
The end-user can export Act! Contacts with Contact Importer as often as desired.
Note that Contact Importer is a manual utility and these steps, from beginning to end, must be followed every time contacts are exported. Never skip any steps in these instructions.
- Open "Handheld Contact" on the BlackBerry 10 device.
- On the main Contacts screen in Handheld Contact press the overflow menu button in the top right corner (the icon is three dots stacked vertically).
- Press "Prepare Contact Export".
- When you see the "Prepare Complete" message you are ready for the next step. Press "OK".
- Open "Contact Importer" on the BlackBerry 10 device.
- Press "Check Prerequisites".
- Press "Begin Import".
- You will be asked if you want to "Delete Contacts?" Press "Yes" to PERMANENTLY delete all existing contacts in the device's built-in Contacts app prior to adding Act! Contacts in order to avoid duplicates. Press "No" if you want to keep existing contacts in the built-in Contacts app (which may result in duplicates).
If you pressed "Yes" there is a confirmation step. Press "Yes".
- Do not close the app while the progress bar for deleting and/or importing is visible.
- When Contact Importer is finished you can close the app. Your Act! Contacts now accessible in your device's built-in Contacts app.